- 3 pounds of ground beef
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 4 peppers, I use 1 of each color
- 1 teaspoon of garlic paste
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons of ground black pepper
- 2 – 8 ounce cans of tomato sauce
- 1 – 6 ounce can of tomato paste
- 5 – 500ml bottles of bottled water
- 7 teaspoons of beef powder base
- 3 packs of the Multi-grain medley rice or 3 cups of your choice of rice
- 2 teaspoons of Sriracha
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
Take a large soup pot and add the oil, start to heat. I then add the onions, peppers and garlic paste. Cook this for about 6-8minutes on low to sweat out the veggies.
Add the beef and cook for about 4 minutes, just give it a good mix. I then add everything else to the pot, cook on low for about and hour.
Give it a few stirs in the process of cooking. This is a great alternative to just making stuffed peppers. Very Hearty!