- 1 and 1/2 cups of wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons of season salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of beau monde
- 1 teaspoon of poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of water
- 8 pieces of chicken (pounded out) I use 4 large boneless breast cut in half and pounded out
- 8 slices of cooked ham
- 8 slices of lacey swiss cheese
- 1 jar of roasted red peppers sliced
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil for the pan
TO MAKE GRAVY:
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 teaspoons of flour
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 of a cup of apple cider
Take the chicken and if using large breasts take a knife and carefully slice the chicken in half, you will get 8 slices of chicken, take a piece of wax paper or a ziplock bag to put chicken between or in the bag, take a metal spatula or a pounder and pound out the chicken until it is flat, set aside.
Take the ingredients for the breading mix it all well and set aside in a bowl.
Make the egg wash and set aside
Take a baking dish or a large pan and add the coconut oil, heat it for a few minutes until it melts down. Turn off the heat, I use a large pan that can go right into the oven.
I take the egg wash and place a piece of chicken into it, I then put the chicken into the breading and coat on each side. Take the chicken and place a piece of the swiss cheese on it and then a slice of ham. You then take one of he ends and start rolling it up. Take a couple of toothpicks and place them so it doesn’t unroll. Take this and place it in the pan, continue until done.
Add the roasted red peppers on top and place in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes.
Once this is done you need to make the gravy, this turned out so well. First in a saucepan take the butter and heat, add the flour and then the cream also the salt and pepper, keep whisking, take the apple cider and add to pan, keep whisking until it forms a thick sauce, remove from heat and add on top of the chicken, serve and enjoy!