- 4 bone in chicken breasts
- 1 Fresh Coconut (to open drill 3 holes on the side where it is soft, pour the juice into a bowl, to split, well I took a plastic ziplock bag and placed it inside, I went outside to the hard concrete and threw it down. It split! The knife method did not work for me. If you have a better way go right ahead and let me know! Take the flesh and clean it, I take a spoon and scrape off all the residue from the shell. Rinse it under water.)
- 1 can of pineapple with the juice
- 1 cup of fresh Orange Juice
- 1 piece of fresh ginger peeled about the size of a garlic clove
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled from paper
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Juice from the coconut (drain it first with a strainer)
- 3 teaspoons of sriracha hot chili sauce
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of curry
- 1 cinnamon stick
First take out your crockpot and place the 4 pieces of chicken in it and the juice from the can of pineapple and also the orange juice.
Take the coconut, ginger, pineapple and garlic and place them in a food processor, get them down to a paste.
You then take that and put in the crockpot, add the rest of the ingredients. Cook on low for about 6-7 hours. Take out the cinnamon sick and discard.
In the meantime you can cook up your rice, I do not use water, I use chicken stock in place of it. You can use what ever type of rice that you like.
I take the chicken out of the crockpot and pull it off of the bone and place it back in the crockpot to soak up the juices. Make sure you get out all of the bone out of the crockpot before serving.
Place the rice on the plate and serve with chicken on top of it, scoop out some of the juices and serve. I also made a store boxed pumpkin bread to accompany the meal, really delish! Enjoy!