So my little brother (6’4″) has been asking me to do a fried chicken recipe, so this is for you Jim! Enjoy all!!!
- 4 large boneless chicken breasts (I trim the fat off and slice about 3 cutlets out of each piece of chicken, pound them out)
- 2 cups of wheat flour
- 1/4 cup of confections sugar
- 2 teaspoons of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of dry mustard
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of Hungarian paprika
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 2 teaspoons of seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon of celery salt
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
For Egg Wash:
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup of hot sauce (I use Franks)
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1/2 cup of miracle whip
- 8 pickle chips
- 8 seeded rolls
- 3 cups of peanut oil for the pan
First do the chicken and add to the egg wash mixture, let sit in fridge for about an hour.
Get the dry mix ready by adding all the ingredients above and stir well to incorporate all the seasonings.
Once the chicken has marinated you are ready to begin.
Take the oil and get it going on med-high heat.
Take a piece of the chicken and dip into the dry mixture, coat well.
Carefully place chicken in hot oil and cook on each side for about 5 minutes (don’t play with it, this is how your breading falls off) flip it and do the same on the other side.
Take it out and place on a paper towel to drain. Continue until all of the chicken is done. (I use a large frying pan that holds about 4 large pieces of cutlet)
Once this is all done its time to make your sandwich. This is the way I like to do it, you can add whatever you like.
Take a seeded fresh roll, place a little bit of miracle whip on one side, I then add lettuce and a pickle. This sandwich reminds me a lot of a fast food place back home. Enjoy!