- 3 lb Beef Chuck Roast (cut this in cubes)
- 6 ears of corn cut off the cob (1 package of 12oz frozen corn if you don’t have fresh)
- 1 lb of carrots cut up (you can use the 1lb carrots already cut)
- 1 – 14.4 oz bag of frozen peas
- 1 Sweet onion cut into chunks
- 2 cups of red wine (1 cup is for deglazing pan)
- 6 red potatoes cut into chunks
- 2 stalks of celery cut into chunks
- 1 – 6oz can of tomato paste
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 cup of flour (I use wheat flour)
- 2 teaspoons of season salt
- 1 package of dry onion soup mix
- 8 ounce of beef stock
First take the flour and the season salt and mix together, take the cubed meat and add to flour mixture, coat well in a bowl.
Take a heated pan and add the vegetable oil. Add the meat and cook until brown, take 1 cup of the red wine and deglaze pan. Take this mixture and add it to the crockpot.
Now take all the cut up vegetables add to the crockpot, add the remainder of the ingredients and cook on low for 8 hours.
Enjoy with a loaf of French bread and the remainder of the wine.