- 1 lb of peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 Package of jalapeno cheddar tortilla shells
- 1/2 of a bottle of beer, I’m using Yuengling Oktoberfest tonight
- 1/4 lb of Manchego Cheese ( to top tacos)
Season for shrimp:
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of old bay
- 1 orange pepper chopped no seeds
- 1 mango chopped
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple chopped
- 1 can of black beans
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped ( a little extra for garnish)
- 1 Serrano pepper chopped very fine (no seeds)
- 2 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar (I use Mango Balsamic Vinegar) either is fine
Cut up all the veggies for salsa very well. Get a sauce pan out and put it all in the pan, add the brown sugar and the vinegar and cilantro also the back beans. On very low heat let it cook for about 10 minutes, you are getting all the sugars to marinate together. Take off heat and let sit.
For shrimp, make sure cleaned and no tails. Take the seasoning above and in a small bowl mix together, take the shrimp and toss with seasoning. Put oil in pan and add the shrimp let cook for about 2 minutes, add the beer. Let cook for an another 2 minutes. Take shrimp and let sit while you heat up the tortillas.
I take the tortillas and heat them right on my stove, I have a gas stove so a few seconds on each side does the trick. (Microwave for 20 seconds works well to if no stove, you take the tortillas, brush with water, put in paper towel and heat)
Take the shell put it on a plate, add the shrimp, put on the salsa, a little extra cilantro for garnish and top off with some of the shredded goat cheese.
This is soooooo good, Enjoy with the other half of the beer!