- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can of whole cranberry sauce
- 18 ounce jar of Apricot Preserves
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of flour
- 2 teaspoons o brown sugar
- 1 package of egg noodles or your favorite pasta (if you would like to eliminate pasta boil 2 sweet potatoes and mash them when soft with 1 teaspoon of butter and 1 teaspoon o brown sugar)
The best part of this is that you can pull the chicken straight out o the freezer and put in the crock pot along with the cranberry sauce, apricot preserves and brown sugar.
You cook this on low for about 8 hours.
You then take the chicken out. Get a sauce pan out to make a roux. You take the butter and flour mix together to make a paste. Take 2 cups of the stock that is in the crockpot and add it to the pan. As you are bringing it to a boil, add the butter flour mixture and whisk constantly until it becomes thicker. Add the noodles and stir well.
Place the pasta on the plate and top with chicken. (if you are using the sweet potatoes make them, place on the plate and top with chicken add the gravy right on top)