- 1 box of Farfalle pasta (whole grain)
- 1 eggplant (Sautéed , see below)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil for eggplant
- 1 can or jar of artichoke hearts (cup them in half)
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella cut into cubes
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 tomato chopped into cubes
- 1 sweet onion sliced into halves
- 3/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped fine
- 1/2 cup of mango of balsamic vinegar
- 10 pieces of basil chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese
First boil a pot of salted water for the pasta, cook for about 18 minutes, drain and run under cold water.
You take the eggplant and cut it into round pieces. Put salt and pepper on one side and put that side face down into olive oil, Cook on each side for about 2 minutes. Take off heat, once cooled cut into small bite size pieces.
You then take a bowl put the eggplant, tomatoes, cheese, peppers, onions, and artichokes in. You then make the vinaigrette: take the oil and vinegar and stir, add the garlic and the basil.
With your hands, toss the veggies and the pasta together in the bowl. Add the vinaigrette, stir again add the parmesan cheese and toss again. Serve as a side or a meal in itself. This is a light and fresh meal.