Ok Get out the Deep Fryer! Philly Cheesesteaks are one of my favorite things and why not make them into a more manageable size to entertain during football, kids love it (well mine do). Enjoy them…
- 1 1/2 lbs of shaved steak Sirloin (I cant get this where I am so I used a 1 1/2 lb of Flat Iron Steak. I cut it on a bias to make a shaved steak)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (cut into small pieces)
- 1 Sweet onion (cut into small pieces)
- 16 slices of provolone (you can also use cheese whiz, depending on what you prefer, if using cheese whiz use about half the jar to pretty much coat the steak.)
- 2 tablespoons of oil for pan
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 16 teaspoons ketchup (1 teaspoon per an eggroll)
- 16 eggroll wrappers
- 1 Egg for egg wash
- 1 teaspoon of water for egg wash
- Deep fryer for cooking or if you don’t have a deep fryer you can put about 3 cups of vegetable oil in a saucepot
Get a pan and heat up the oil
Add the peppers and onions cook until translucent
Add the steak seasoned with pepper and salt, cook until the desired temperature, add the cheese and let melt, mix it and put aside to cool.
Mix the egg and water together for egg wash.
Set an eggroll wrapper out and brush all the side with the egg wash. (I use a piece of wax paper underneath so it doesn’t make a mess)
Take about 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoon of the mixture and put in the wrapper, it should look like a diamond when you are looking at it, put the teaspoon of ketchup right on top, fold the wrapper like an envelope and put aside on a plate (make sure you spray the plate with a cooking spray first so it doesn’t stick) once you are done put them in oil, I do two at a time so they don’t stick together. They are only to be in the hot oil for about 30 -40 seconds, they just need to brown. That’s it…. Enjoy!